Thursday, June 6, 2013

Introverts

When I messaged my husband that I'd started a blog he typed  "A blog? You seem so trendy now  :)"  So.  I finally have a kindle, Uggs, drink green smoothies, and have a blog.  What's next?!  Oh I know - a trip away without kids!!  But that's for another post.  I recently read an article about parenting introverts.  I don't have that problem because my introverted husband and I seem to have 4 extroverts, but it was still a good read.  I've done lots of studies and tests on personality types, leadership styles, etc. but it's been a while and the refresher was ...  well refreshing.  I am an introvert.  Not 100%, but mostly.  That article was such a good reminder of some of the wonderful qualities God gave introverts.  We live in an extrovert-ly dominated world it and it can be wearing on us introverts.  I feel like I end up trying so hard to be someone else that I miss out on what God had planned for me.  http://maxgrace.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/blessing-your-introverted-child/ I've decided that most of my very favorite people are introverts who don't like to be gathered.  Now that we live in a larger home I love to have people over because we've got the space to do it.  It always seems though, that the people I most wish to see or really have a desire to get to know, are put off by the large gathering idea.  I guess we'll have to start having some of them over 1 at a time.  :)

Tonight two of my children had a piano recital and I loved watching them.  And not only loved watching them play the piano but loved watching them together.  They are very close in age and lean on each other for strength.  I love that.  They have different fears and different strengths that compliment each other so well.  Usually my oldest really wants to be brave but needs her little sister at her side.  As I watched the older take the younger's hand to go up on stage for a picture with their teacher this passage came to mind.  I'm so thankful that God created both introverts and extroverts and created us to need each other.

1 Corinthians 12:12-25
12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized byone Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.



2 comments: