Friday, June 7, 2013

Friendships

I'm so thankful for good friends.  Being a stay-at-home mom can be lonely.  And I didn't ever realize that when we decided to have a big family it would narrow down our friendships even more.  It would seem that it's overwhelming to some to invite us over now :)  I understand but am still sad that that's the case.  Maybe it's also just the phase of life that we're in.  We all have school age kids involved in activities and life is just BUSY.  Tonight we were invited to friends for dinner and I'm so thankful.  It was a fun night for all and it's been such a blessing to know this family.  I read once that it's a a rare and special thing to have family friends where you like both the parents and the kids and I believe it!  One of my prayers for my kids, is that as they grow they would have lots of Godly friends.  For tonight, I am thankful that God has heard this mama's prayers.

Psalm 107:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.


And now I'm going to start praying for our air conditioner.  It's supposed to be 110 degrees tomorrow and we came home to a hot house while our brand new air conditioner isn't working.  Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment