Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sexy, Nudy, Sex, Sex

**This post has been edited from its original version.

Got your attention?  Our husbands need sex.  I mean NEEED sex.  In a way that our female brains just don't comprehend.  Yes I realize that you are busy.  You are tired.  Maybe exhausted.  But it's important to him.  If you know he likes chocolate cake, do you make it for him?  Sure.  If you know that he needs a lunch tomorrow, do you make it for him?  Of course you do!  Well he needs sex more. More than a clean house, more than freedom to go hunting or golfing, more than dinner tonight.  (and it would probably be faster than all that time in the kitchen)  And you know what else?  You agreed to that when you got married.  When you get married, two become one and your body is not your own anymore.

1 Corinthians 7:3-5
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 

There is an ENTIRE book of the Bible about sex.  A whole book!!  My Bible knowledge may be escaping me at the moment but I don't remember any other books of the Bible as solely devoted to a single subject as the Song of Solomon.   I think that probably means it's important.  Song of Solomon is racy - with words like "breast" and everything.  In Bible times you had to be a certain age to even read it.  If something is important to God, the enemy knows it and will try to thwart it at all costs.  When I started this post, all hell broke loose around here.  Seriously.  I had kids crying, pouring water in each others lunch, manhandling the cat, throwing mud at each other, more crying...  I don't think it was a coincidence.  I think that this is something I was supposed to post about and the enemy was trying his best to stop it.  Having a healthy marriage is important to God.  And I'm pretty sure that involves sex.  Here are two good books on the topic:  


 

If you're not in the mood, try getting in the mood.  That means get away from your kids.  Date your spouse.  I've polled friends lately and am shocked and how few of them go on dates with their husbands.  I want out of this house alone with my hubby any chance I can get!!  It doesn't have to be expensive - could be Taco Bell for all I care.   There are millions of things you could do for a date that don't cost a lot. Can't afford child care?   Try trading babysitting with friends.  I have several friends that have date nights at home.  Feed the kids in another room with a movie while you dine together alone.  Or wait till they are in bed and really go nuts.  Eat ice cream by yourselves!  (You thought I was going to say something else didn't you...go do that too!)

Are you going through a dry spell?  Get out of your yoga pants.  Put on make up.  Do your hair.  Buy some new undies.  And get out of your yoga pants!  Send him a racy text or (gasp) picture.  (Make double double sure you're sending it to him and not the piano teacher)  Too tired at night?  Do it in the morning!  Up at night going pee?  Get him on the way back to bed!  I doubt he'll mind the interruption in sleep.  Feeling self conscious about your chubby post-baby body?  I doubt he cares.  I'm sure he'd prefer chubby sex to no sex.  Is he being a jerk?  Sex may help that too.  Maybe if you are putting his needs above your own he will start to do the same.  Just really don't feel like it?  So what.  When you are married, your husbands interests need to become important to you and I guarantee he's interested in sex.  Whatever it takes, make it a priority.  Put it on the calendar if you have to.  Add it to your "to do" list.  Send yourself a reminder, shoot for a goal number of times a week, WHATEVER it takes to help you get it done, do it!

Your husband would die for you.  Have you ever put much thought in that?  This man that you married would truly die for you if he had to.  God has called you to love and respect him, whether he deserves it or not, and loving him in marriage involves sex. Husband need sex and need to feel pursued by us.  Know what else?  He can't read your mind.  I'll just say that again.  HE CAN'T READ YOUR MIND.  It might be obvious to you that the trash is overflowing and needs to be taken out.  If it's not obvious to him, ASK him.  Don't just assume he's being lazy by not doing it.  It's probably not on his radar.  All husband radars are different.  If it would free you up to have sex if he took out the trash or helped more with the kids, say so.  I bet he'd do both!  He's not a mind reader though.  The things he did to woo you when you were dating are probably outdated.  Tired mamas need different things.  Help the guy out and just say what you need.

Pray about it.  Our Heavenly Father cares about us.  He cares about our marriages and the things we're struggling with.  He knows anyways, so talk to Him.  Pray about it and He'll help.  Here are thirty verses on marital sex:   http://www.openbible.info/topics/marital_sex

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is great that you blogged about this! Couldn't agree with you more on the need for sex and often in a marriage. I don't always understand it with my husband but I know what it does for our marriage. When we wives don't or show interest in having sex with our husband, it is a sign of rejection and let's face it, who likes to be rejected?? I always feel more connected, less stressed when we dance in the sheets. So, good job at putting it out there!!

    ReplyDelete