Friday, February 28, 2014

Confident prayers

Do you ever pray about something halfheartedly and then feel humbled when God answers you?  Or pray about something without really expecting an answer and feel surprised when everything works out?  I keep doing that.  Today we were driving someplace and were listening to Jonathan Park Adventures.  (Have you heard of those?  They are science based radio drama shows for kids).  Those children's adventure stories are a little silly but it reminded me that I need to pray with confidence that God is hearing me and is going to answer in a big way.  Not everything in life will work out how I want it to, but when I pray with confidence I can be at peace knowing that WHEN God answers (and He will), He knows what is best.

I was also reminded today that God knows my children better than I do.  He loves them more than I do and He knows what they need.  He knows the things that are on my heart for each child and He can handle it.  I recently had an answer to a half-hearted prayer that kindof took my breath away.  It was about one of my kids and I still feel a little emotional about it.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Hebrews 13:6
So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”

1John 5:14
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

According to His will...when we pray according to His will that changes our prayers doesn't it?  I'm so thankful that we have a God who hears us.  Who cares about the little things that cause us stress.  And who answers us.

No comments:

Post a Comment